Design Review Committee
Regular MeetingFirst and third Wednesdays of each month, as per Resolution No. 9643.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View most recent agendas and minutes
- View staff reports
- Carol Fox.
- Robert Imboden.
- Tim McCormack.
- Ann McDermott.
The Committee shall consist of five members whose primary residence or primary place of employment is in the City. Committee members shall be qualified to analyze and interpret architectural and site planning information, including, but not limited to:
- Licensed general contractors
- Licensed landscape architects
- Urban planners
At least two members shall have professional experience in urban planning, architectural history or historic preservation and possess a general knowledge of architecture in the Old Towne Historic District. (Qualifications revised 2006-08-22 per Resolution 10112).
Terms of Office
- Appointed members shall serve a four year term.
- Officers shall consist of a chairman and vice-chairman, both of whom shall be selected by the members of the Committee.
The duties are set forth in Section 17.08.020 of the Orange Municipal Code:
- Make final determination on signs and sign programs in accordance with Orange Municipal Code Chapter 17.36
- Architectural and landscaping design matters for minor site plan review applications when referred by SMART Committee
Architectural and landscaping design matters for external remodeling of commercial, industrial, institutional and large scale multiple family developments, except for Minor Site Plan Review projects acted upon by the SMART Committee
Architectural and landscaping design matters for projects in the Old Towne Historic District, when no Planning Commission review is required
Review and make recommendations to the Planning Commission on architectural and landscaping design matters for all development projects and proposed demolitions requiring Planning Commission recommendation or approval. (Ordinance No. 11-02)
When Design Review is Required
Design review is required for the projects listed below:
- Development projects requiring Planning Commission or City Council approval.
- Any project requiring Major Site Plan Review.
- Signs as specified in Chapter 17.36 of the Orange Municipal Code.
All projects located within a Redevelopment Project Area, except where otherwise exempted by the specific design guidelines adopted for the project area.
All projects in Old Towne or other historic districts as established, except where otherwise exempted by the specific design guidelines adopted for the project area.
All projects for external remodeling of commercial, industrial, institutional, and large scale multiple family developments, except where otherwise exempt by city codes, including adopted design standards and/or specific plans.