Before 1870

1810


Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana is granted by the King of Spain on July 1st to Antonio Yorba and Juan Pablo Peralta, who raise cattle and sheep and cultivate the acreage where the city of Orange (including the Plaza) now stands.

1868


Forty acres of land of Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana given to A. B. Chapman and Andrew Glassell, law partners from Los Angeles, in lieu of fees owed them. The decree of partition was Case Number 1292, 17th Judicial District of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Records.