1950s

1950


Orange's population: 10,027.

1952


Orange Unified School District is formed.

1954


Chapman College purchases old Orange Union High School campus three blocks from the Plaza on North Glassell and relocates to Orange.
Historical Photo 901

1956


An average of 3,000 automobiles per hour pass through the Plaza during peak traffic time.

1957


Orange celebrates 69th year of incorporation.
Historical Photo - Parade Lineup