Chapman University Specific Plan Amendment #7
Chapman University proposes a comprehensive update to the Chapman University Specific Plan to incorporate additional properties into the Specific Plan area, increase student enrollment, include new campus quality of life standards, and update campus development and design standards. Proposed amendments to the Specific Plan include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maximum enrollment to increase from 8,700 headcount students to 10,185 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) students, which equates to approximately 10,500 headcount students.
- Minimum allowable open space to decrease from 30 percent to 25 percent of the overall Specific Plan area.
- Requirement that a minimum of 50 percent of undergraduate students must live in Chapman University housing, including all first- and second-year students not living with their parents/legal guardians.
- Expansion of the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts backlot area.
- Modifications to setback and height requirements within the Specific Plan area.
- Modifications to the Historic Preservation and Enhancement Guidelines, Parking Guidelines, and Signage Guidelines.
The proposed project requires preparation of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to evaluate the potential environmental impacts, in conformance with the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per State CEQA Guidelines Section 15070 and in conformance with the Local CEQA Guidelines.
Final determination on the project approval will be made by the Orange City Council.
- 1/17/2020 – Thank you to all of the residents and interested parties who participated in the CEQA Public Scoping Meeting on January 16, 2020. The materials presented at the meeting, including Powerpoint presentation and informational handout, are now available below. Public comment may be submitted for the Notice of Preparation (NOP) until January 27, 2020. Please contact staff if you have any questions.
- 12/17/2019 – The comment period for the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the project is now open. The City invites you to submit written comments describing your specific related to the potential environmental impacts of this project. Information gathered during the NOP comment period will be used to shape and focus future analyses of environmental impacts. The project description, location, and potential environmental effects are described in the NOP notification, linked below.
Written comments are desired at the earliest possible date. If representing a public agency, please identify your specific areas of statutory responsibility. The City will accept your responses for 45 days after receipt of this notice. The NOP public comment period begins on December 12, 2019 and ends on January 27, 2019. Please send your written comments to Kelly Ribuffo at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your name, address, and contact information in your correspondence.
Upcoming Public Meetings/Hearings
No scheduled meetings at this time.
Notice of Preparation released 12/12/2019
Documents Submitted 9/5/2019
- Comparison - Current Amendment #7 Draft to Approved Specific Plan Amendment #6
- Comparison - Current Specific Plan Amendment # 7 Draft to March 2015 Amendment #7 Submittal
- Memorandum - Initial Study/Notice of Preparation Reissue
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Executive Summary
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Draft dated September 2019
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Response to Staff Comments
Submit a Notification Request
If you would like to be added to the project notification list for any future public meetings or hearings for Chapman University Specific Plan Amendment #7, please email Kelly Ribuffo at email@example.com.