Chapman University Specific Plan Amendment #7
Chapman University proposes a comprehensive update to the Chapman University Specific Plan to incorporate additional properties into the Specific Plan area, increase student enrollment, include new campus quality of life standards, and update campus development and design standards. Proposed amendments to the Specific Plan include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maximum enrollment to increase from 8,700 headcount students to 10,185 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) students, which equates to approximately 10,500 headcount students.
- Requirement that a minimum of 50 percent of undergraduate students must live in Chapman University housing, including all first- and second-year students not living with their parents/legal guardians.
- Addition of the Killefer School, Cypress Street School, West Palm Industrial Park, and other properties west of N. Glassell Street to the Specific Plan area.
- Modifications to setback and height requirements within the Specific Plan area.
- Modifications to the Historic Preservation and Enhancement Guidelines, Parking Guidelines, and Signage Guidelines.
The proposed project requires preparation of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to evaluate the potential environmental impacts, in conformance with the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per State CEQA Guidelines Section 15070 and in conformance with the Local CEQA Guidelines.
Final determination on the project approval will be made by the Orange City Council.
- January 15, 2021 - Chapman University has resubmitted portions of Specific Plan Amendment #7 for City review. Staff continues to review and provide comments on these preliminary documents. No public meetings are scheduled at this time. Please contact Kelly Ribuffo at email@example.com with any questions regarding the status of this project.
Upcoming Public Meetings/Hearings
No scheduled meetings at this time.
Notices of Preparation
The NOP comment period was held between April 22, 2020 and May 23, 2020.
The CEQA Scoping Meeting for this project was held on January 16, 2020.
Documents Submitted December 16, 2020
Documents Submitted September 5, 2019
- Comparison - Current Amendment #7 Draft to Approved Specific Plan Amendment #6
- Comparison - Current Specific Plan Amendment # 7 Draft to March 2015 Amendment #7 Submittal
- Memorandum - Initial Study/Notice of Preparation Reissue
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Executive Summary
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Draft dated September 2019
- Specific Plan Amendment #7 Response to Staff Comments
Submit a Notification Request
If you would like to be added to the project notification list for any future public meetings or hearings for Chapman University Specific Plan Amendment #7, please email Kelly Ribuffo at firstname.lastname@example.org.