Business Relief Grant
UPDATE January 19, 2021
The County of Orange through Supervisor Don Wagner has provided the City of Orange with $493,000 in additional funds for the Business Relief grant program. Staff is reviewing applications that we have on file and we are currently accepting new applications. All applications for the program will continue to be considered on a first come, first served basis.
Click here to view a list of the Business Relief Grant Recipients.
The Business Relief Grant is funded through CARES Act monies provided by Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner and offers up to $10,000 to Orange small businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19. Grant funds may be used for payroll, capital, equipment, and operating expenses. To qualify, businesses must meet the following criteria*:
• The business is physically located in Orange, has been in the City for a minimum of one year and is not a franchise or part of a chain of more than three locations.
• The business is a for profit business with at least 1, but not more than 50 employees.
• The business has gross annual revenues of at least $100,000, but no more than $5 million.
• The business has experienced at least a 25% reduction in revenue due to COVID-19 and is able to provide documentation showing the loss in revenue.
• The business continues to operate legally during the COVID-19 crisis.
• The business has had no major code violations in the last twelve months.
• Adult businesses, massage parlors, and largely cash-based businesses are not eligible.
• Individuals that own or have interest in more than one business may be limited to one grant total (i.e., if a person has ownership interest in three businesses, only one of those businesses may receive a grant under this program).
• Businesses that have not received funding through the CARES Act, such as Payroll Protection, Program loans, will be given first priority.
|1. Revenue statements for 2 months in 2020 verifying 25% less revenue than the same months in 2019|
|2. Revenue Statements for the same two months in 2019|
|3. Annual revenue statement for 2019|
|4. Payroll report showing total number of employees|
|5. Click here for application.|
Click here if your business has a Co-owner.