You’ll love making these Franken-kiwis and monster strawberries. And they’re yummy and healthy, too! Credit to houseofnasheats.com for these monster ideas.
Dark chocolate or dark brown candy melts
White chocolate or white candy melts
Disposable ziploc bags
These strawberry monster mouths are super easy to make with just a little melted white and dark chocolate.
- Wash and dry the strawberries really well first, then slice off the tops so the strawberries have a flat surface to sit on upside down.
- Melt the chocolate according to instructions on the package.
- Use melted dark chocolate in a ziploc bag with a corner snipped off to pipe a “U” shaped mouth toward the point of each strawberry. Go over twice if needed. Let cool.
- Then use melted white chocolate to pipe jagged teeth starting from the outer edge of the mouth and going across the dark chocolate to duplicate the look.
Remember, these don’t have to look perfect! It’s okay for the teeth and mouths to be misshapen since these are monsters after all!
These little guys are so creepy and fun! And they taste delicious, too!
- Ask an adult to help you use a paring knife or vegetable peeler to peel away the fuzzy brown skin from about 2/3 of the bottom of the kiwi, then slice the kiwi in half, creating two “heads” with hairy crowns.
- Pat the peeled kiwi flesh dry with a paper towel. Then use melted dark chocolate to pipe a line for a mouth and a little scar on his face.
- Pipe two dots of chocolate to act as glue and stick candy eyeballs on to the face.
- Complete the look of your Frankenstein by breaking apart a couple of pretzel sticks and sticking them into either side to look like bolts.