The Community Development Department is open for business. Our goal is to keep your projects moving forward and to answer your planning, building, and code enforcement inquiries. While our public counter is now available for in-person visits, we request visitors help us stem the spread of Coronavirus by abiding by the following:
- Please do not enter our facility if you are sick.
- Please make an appointment if you can. If you have an appointment, you may check in at the counter. If you do not have an appointment, please wait outside the doors as we are only serving one walk-in patron at a time.
- Please keep at least 6’ from others.
- All patrons are required to have a face covering to enter our facility.
A number of our services are now available online for your convenience.
- Building permit application
- Building permit issuance
- Plan review submittal
- Building inspections (*Please note that all persons on a job site MUST be wearing a face covering while inspector is on site or the inspection will not be conducted)
- Building code inquiries
- Building permit fee estimates /information
- Building permit research
- Land Use Applications (accompanied by digital plans, Letter of Justification, Property Owner Affidavit, and Title Report may be submitted electronically to CDInfo@cityoforange.org or via DropBox.)
- General Plan and Zoning information
- Historic property guidance
- Business License sign-off
- Project information
- Zoning verification letters
- Property owner, developer, and business inquiries
- Property research
- Site Inspections (*Please note that all persons on an inspection site MUST be wearing a face covering while planner is on site or the inspection will not be conducted)
- Reporting problem conditions
- Communicating about corrected conditions
- Temporary signage
- Special Promotion Permit information
- Special Event Permit information
Call (714) 744-7200, or email CDInfo@cityoforange.org, to connect with a member of the Planning, Building, or Code Enforcement staff. Payment of fees may be handled over the phone. We look forward to serving you.
We provide guidance and coordination for all land planning and development activities throughout the City and its sphere of influence.
- Entitlements for Development
- Zoning Information
- Plan Review Services
- Building Permits and Records
- Building Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Historic Preservation