The Community Development Department is open for business.We are doing our part to stem the spread of the Coronavirus, but we are still here for you. Our goal is to keep your projects moving forward and to answer your planning, building, and code enforcement inquiries. While our public counter is now available for in-person visits; we request visitors abide by the following:
- Please do not enter our facility if you are sick.
- Please make an appointment if you can. If you have an appointment, you may check in at the counter. If you do not have an appointment, please wait outside the doors as we are only serving one walk-in patron at a time.
- Please keep at least 6’ from others.
- All patrons are required to have a face covering to enter our facility.
Staff within each of our divisions are reporting to City Hall each day to help you with the following:
- Building permit issuance
- Plan review submittal
- Building inspections
- Building code inquiries
- Building permit fee estimates /information
- Building permit research
A number of permits can be handled electronically by completing the building permit application and submitting it online or to the Permit Tech staff.
- Land Use Applications (accompanied by digital plans, Letter of Justification, Property Owner Affidavit, and Title Report may be submitted electronically to CDInfo@cityoforange.org or via DropBox.)
- General Plan and Zoning information
- Historic property guidance
- Business License sign-off
- Project information
- Zoning verification letters
- Property owner, developer, and business inquiries
- Property research
- Reporting problem conditions
- Communicating about corrected conditions
- Temporary signage
- Special Promotion Permit information
- Special Event Permit information
Call (714) 744-7200, or email CDInfo@cityoforange.org, to connect with a member of the Planning, Building, or Code Enforcement staff. Payment of fees may be handled over the phone. We look forward to serving you.
We provide guidance and coordination for all land planning and development activities throughout the City and its sphere of influence.
- Entitlements for Development
- Zoning Information
- Plan Review Services
- Building Permits and Records
- Building Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Historic Preservation